All Kankakee County building permit forms can be found below. There are streamlined forms that should be used based on your particular project. If your type of project is not listed or you are unsure of which form to use, please use the general permit application form. Print the form, complete the form, then you can submit the form by either emailing it to or mailing it to the office at the address listed under the Contact Us tab. Please do not forget to include any required attachments such as drawings and plans.  
General Building Permit - This form should be used for any project that does not have a specific permit listed below and for major structures or repairs. If you are not sure which permit application form to use, please use this one.  
Decks and Porches - For use when the project only involves a deck or porch and includes repairs to decks and porches.
Demoliton Permit - For use when a structure or part of a structure is being removed and not replaced.
Electric Only -For use when electrical work and service is the only part of the project.
Fences - For use when the project only includes fences and barriers and includs repairs to fences and barriers.
Home Additions, Garages, and Pole Barns - For use when projects includes additions to existing structures, garages, Pole Barns, or accessory structures greater than 200 square feet.
Structural Maintenence Permits - For use when project are for roofs, windows, siding, gutters, doors, and other minor maintenance activities.
Non-Residential Permits - For use when the project is not either residential or agricultural in nature. (Commercial)
Swimming Pools - For use when the project only involves a swimming pool.
Utlility Sheds less than 200 square feet - For use when the project is for a utility shed less than 200 square feet in size.


Kankakee County Planning Department
189 E. Court Street, Room 201  Kankakee, IL  60901
Phone: 815.937.2940   |   Fax: 815.937.2974
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Closed: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays