The Solid Waste and Environmental Division of the Planning Department has five primary areas of responsibility:
- Provide short- and long-term solid waste planning through the implementation of the Kankakee County Solid Waste Management Plan.
- Provide alternative disposal and recycling options through special collection events and recycling program development.
- Educate the public about proper waste disposal and recycling.
- Provide input and oversight on environmental issues facing residents and businesses in the county.
- Enforce the Illinois Environmental Protection Act and associated regulations through an IEPA-delegated inspection program.
View the Kankakee County Solid Waste Plan (PDF).
View more information on Kankakee County's E-waste program.